Other Info – Newbury
For your safety and security please read!!
1. Entrance to the event is at your own risk SHC Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for you or your possessions.
2. Random bag searches will be undertaken at this event.
3. Please do not leave bags or parcels unattended, report anything suspicious to a marshal/steward.
4. The event has a zero drugs tolerance policy.
5. No alcohol to be brought onto site/or glass bottles.
6. SHC Ltd reserve the right to refuse admission, and remove any person or persons from the event at any time.
7. No BBQ or naked flame fires are allowed at the event.
8. No vehicle movement is permitted without an event marshal during event show times.
9. Please familiarise yourself with the location of our teams: First Aid, Information, Lost & Found and Security.
10. Please respect fellow event goers at all times.
Travel to Newbury
Travelling by Car
Follow the signs from Junction 13 of M4/A34.
There is ample free car parking but you can also book premium parking close to the main entrance in advance for £5 a day.
To buy your Premium Parking tickets, please click here
Free shuttle bus service from Newbury Station
There is a free shuttle bus service from Newbury railway station to Newbury Showground. The bus stops outside the railway station on the north (town centre) side and at the main entrance to the show.
Food & Drink
We have a fantastic selection of catering at RetroFestival this year. From Chinese to Mexican, Traditional Grills to good old fashioned Fish ‘n’ Chips, and not forgetting Vegetarian cuisine.
To wash it all down we have a wide selection of ales, ciders and beers from our many bars. Soft drinks and hot beverages too!
Why not try a pint of our speciality ale? Produced by Marston’s brewery especially for Help The Heroes charity. (A fixed fee will be donated directly to the charity by SHC Bars and Marstons).
If you fancy a civilised afternoon then head to The Spitfire Pavilion for a traditional “Afternoon Tea”… scones with jam, strawberries and cream, brownies, cakes… the list goes on. Go on, you know you want to!
Mobility Hire at Newbury
Sincere apologies but we are struggling! Unfortunately, the contractor we used last year has gone bust. We have been contacting a number of alternative contractors but all those that we have spoken to so far are already committed elsewhere. We’ll keep trying but, regretably, it is looking as if we may not be able to provide this service this year. If you know of a contractor that may be able to help, please email their details to email@example.com
Hi and welcome to the Retro Festival Volunteers page! Here you will find some information and contact details on volunteering with us. Volunteer shifts are arranged to allow you to enjoy as much of the festival as possible, but also to reflect the needs of the event.
– The retro management reserves the right to change your hours and tasks due to the needs of the festival.
– The positions we offer will be either stewarding campsites, assisting with wristbands, assisting public and exhibitors, campsite wardens, information persons, litter, general duties.
– You are required to complete 2 x 8 hour shifts on either Fri/Sat/Sun am/pm volunteer shifts (plus any training) as part of your volunteer role.
– Shifts will be given to you on your arrival to the festival.
– We ask you to perform your duties to a very high standard.
In return we offer you…
Free camping (on our staff campsite)
Free shower and toilets on site
Free volunteer hi viz vest (to be returned after the event)
Free pass to enjoy the festival when not on shift
Discounted food & drink from our vendors (excluding the licensed bars)
(At Newbury) Free shuttle bus from Newbury train station to the venue (on event days only)