A message about Coronavirus and our Festivals
In order to minimise the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on Monday March 16th the government stated that that everyone should stop non-essential contact with others (this is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women), people should stop all unnecessary travel and those with the most serious health conditions should be shielded from social contact for 12 weeks. In light of this and after careful consideration we have concluded that, regrettably, we must cancel Retro Festival Newark 2020 in June.
Please note that, while we cannot give an absolute guarantee, it still our intention to run Retro Festival Newbury 2020 in August.
We are also now actively planning for Retro Festival Newark on June 11/12/13 2021 and, subject to their availability, we will transferring all the acts that have been booked for 2020 to 2021.
So what does this mean to you if you have already booked for Newark 2020?
These will be accepted at Newbury 2020 or Newark 2021. Alternatively, you could apply for a refund (see below).
Camping, Exhibitor and Trader Bookings
Customers have the options to:-
• transfer their booking to Newbury 2020;
• transfer their booking to Newark 2021;
• apply for a refund.
We plan to put up a form on this web site in the next few days to enable you to request a booking transfer or refund. In the meantime if you wish to deal with this immediately, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much detail as possible (including the booking reference number) but please do bear in mind that it may take us a few days to respond.
Please note that we are working to update the other pages of this web site as soon as we can.
Public Health England has been very clear in their message that improved personal hygiene, awareness of symptoms and self-isolation for those affected are the primary steps on which the UK’s response will focus. To support this and assist our customers, we are already committed and have begun work towards the following:-
• A substantial up-scaling of hygiene facilities available at the festival including hand sanitising points and hand washing stations;
• Provision of ample signage and other information distribution in the run up to and at the Festival highlighting all public information, symptom awareness and “What to do” briefings to assist our customers in supporting our efforts to produce a safe event in line with national approaches to managing the ongoing public health concern;
• A significant increase in the quantity of toilets, showers and other welfare facilities available;
• Deployment of a dedicated team who will collectively clean, maintain and sanitise toilet, shower and other washing facilities 24/7 throughout the Festival;
• A full appraisal of the current environment will be carried out by our Festival’s dedicated Medical Team who will implement such additional measures as are recommended in light of the ongoing outbreak to suitable manage any persons who may become unwell. Our consideration in respect of medical services provided remains as it always has been – we aim to ensure that our customers have quicker and easier access to medical services at our festivals than they would in their home. That objective will remain the case moving forward and we will fully commit to all suitable steps and investment to maintain it;
• We are working actively to take sensible steps to increase the size of our event spaces and Arena, with a view to allow persons more room and decreasing close contact within the Festival.
In the event that any of our customers are unable to attend the Festival due to self-isolation as a result of infection or possible infection, we will honour that same ticket to the next Festival without any further costs or fees. We hope our customers appreciate that this is a major step not replicated by many other festivals and is indicative of our wish to stand by our customers through this difficult time, as we hope they stand by us.
We hope you appreciate our efforts and the steps we are taking to manage the Festival safely and sensibly; we certainly appreciate your ongoing support.
The Retro Festival Team