Other Info – Newark
For your safety and security please read!!
1. Entrance to the event is at your own risk SHC Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for you or your possessions.
2. Random bag searches will be undertaken at this event.
3. Please do not leave bags or parcels unattended, report anything suspicious to a marshal/steward.
4. The event has a zero drugs tolerance policy.
5. No alcohol to be brought onto site/or glass bottles.
6. SHC Ltd reserve the right to refuse admission, and remove any person or persons from the event at any time.
7. No BBQ or naked flame fires are allowed at the event.
8. No vehicle movement is permitted without an event marshal during event show times.
9. Please familiarise yourself with the location of our teams: First Aid, Information, Lost & Found and Security.
10. Please respect fellow event goers at all times.
Travel to Newark
Travelling by Car
Address – The Showground, Drove Lane, Winthorpe, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2NY
The showground is just off the A1 Newark junction. Follow the A46 to Lincoln and watch for signposts advertising the showground.
There is ample free car parking but you can also book premium parking close to the main entrance in advance for £5 a day.
To buy your Premium Parking tickets, please click here
Travelling by Bus
Bus route 67 from Newark to Collingham operated by Travel Wright passes within half a mile of the showground entrance.
Travelling by Train
Newark North Gate station is approx 4 miles from the Showground.
For information on train timetables please ring National Rail Enquiries on 0345 748 4950 or click on National Rail Enquiries.
East Midlands, Robin Hood Airport (Doncaster/Sheffield) and Humberside airports are all within one hour drive.
Mobility Hire at Newark
Professional Mobility will be providing electric mobility scooters for the use of disabled, elderly and mobility impaired visitors at the show. They will charge customers £25 per day and they will deliver to either the campsite or, for day visitors, to the car park.
To reserve a mobility scooter, please contact Professional Mobility direct on 0800 6335711 or 07989 680034 or by email to email@example.com
Food & Drink
We have a fantastic selection of catering at RetroFestival this year. From Chinese to Mexican, Traditional Grills to good old fashioned Fish ‘n’ Chips, and not forgetting Vegetarian cuisine.
To wash it all down we have a wide selection of ales, ciders and beers from our many bars. Soft drinks and hot beverages too!
If you fancy a civilised afternoon then head to The Spitfire Pavilion for a traditional “Afternoon Tea”… scones with jam, strawberries and cream, brownies, cakes… the list goes on. Go on, you know you want to!
Hi and welcome to the Retro Festival Volunteers section! Here you will find some information and contact details on volunteering with us. Volunteer shifts are arranged to allow you to enjoy as much of the festival as possible, but also to reflect the needs of the event.
– The Retro Festival management reserves the right to change your hours and tasks due to the needs of the festival.
– The positions we offer will be either stewarding campsites, assisting with wristbands, assisting public and exhibitors, campsite wardens, information persons, litter, general duties.
– You are required to complete 2 x 8 hour shifts on either Fri/Sat/Sun am/pm volunteer shifts (plus any training) as part of your volunteer role.
– Shifts will be given to you on your arrival to the festival.
– We ask you to perform your duties to a very high standard.
In return we offer you…
Free camping (on our staff campsite)
Free shower and toilets on site
Free volunteer hi viz vest (to be returned after the event)
Free pass to enjoy the festival when not on shift
Discounted food & drink from our vendors (excluding the licensed bars)